Tuesday 3 April 2012

My new blog

Okay, I don't actually know why anyone would be interested, particularly, but I've started a new blog.

Like my last blog, I decided to write a few articles to see if I'd continue before launching it to "interested" parties.  This one is simply a record of everything that I read from February 2012 until February 2013.  Why?   Well, here's my "intro" post where I explain my rationale and blog title.

What have I read so far? Here's the list as of April 3:
Tommy Douglas by Vincent Lam
Elements of Style by Strunk and White
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stig Larssen
Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott
After the Golden Age by Carrie Vaughn
Memory's Daughter by Alice Major
Great Houses of England and Wales by Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd and Christopher Simon Sykes
Black Moth by Georgette Heyer
Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Allan Bradley

I've labeled the various articles by type of book (SF, nonfiction, work) in case that helps you understand which books you might be interested in. If there is no end date listed I haven't finished it yet.  And yes, I'll admit it if I don't get through something.

Feel free to add your own comments about books you've read, or suggestions for things that I ought to read.

2 comments:

  1. Suggestions

    I have greatly enjoyed a trilogy by Simon Morden. First book is "Equations of Light", follwed by "Theories of Flight" and then "Degrees of Freedom". I have not read the last one as my local library in Richmodn does not have it and they have so far ignored my suggestion for purchase. Why would a library buy two books of a trilogy? Anyhow, back to the book. One of the best books with "real" physics that I have read in a long time. "Cyber punk in a ruined MetroZone city" is how the back cover describes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations Jennifer. Weird that the library didn't buy all three books of the trilogy. Now here's a conspiracy theory: what better way for a publisher to drive sales of book 3 than to refuse to sell it to libraries? :-)

    ReplyDelete