Thursday 14 June 2012

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Started: June 4, 2012
Finished: June 9, 2012
Pages: 374

Ready Player One is the real deal.  I could just say "read it!  read it!" and have done, but I enjoyed the book too much to leave it at that.

Of course, I suppose it's not for everyone.  Ever play Galaga?  If I say appreciatively "you're evil", might you respond "chaotic neutral, actually"? Do you have any idea why it would be super cool to drive a DeLorean that was also equipped with a Oscillation Overthruster?  If so... you're such a geek!   Ahem, I mean, you're squarely in the target readership of this book.  It's well-written, engaging science fiction that's full of 80s geek nostalgia.

Ready Player One is Ernest Cline's first SF novel.  Let's hope it's not his last.





No comments:

Post a Comment