Sunday 26 April 2015

Back again?

April 2015

Hello Readers

After a long absence, I'm back.  I blogged about every book that I read from March 2012 to March 2013.  And after that, at least according to my blog, I planned to blog intermittently.  My personal plans were to wrap up a couple of personal projects, and then launch into some other types of writing in parallel with the time and energy freed up from the book reading and blogging.

Sigh.  Best laid plans o' Mice and Men....

Well, there were some successes.  I did *finally* finish the book of family photos that I slowly built from my maternal grandfather's pictures.   And I had copies made for various members of my family.   Maybe I can post it at some point, and you can see it too.

And I did draft a submission to the National Energy Board regarding the Kinder Morgan application to twin their existing pipeline and build a new heavy oil terminal at Burnaby Mountain.  One day that submission will be a part of the public record, and you can feel free to read it at your leisure.  (Sadly, I chose to write about the terminal itself, and the impact of the terminal and increased levels of shipping on the Maplewood Flats wildlife refuge.  Which means that the last minute choice by Kinder Morgan to explore redesigning the route through Burnaby Mountain and the terminal itself is directly relevant to my submission -- so I haven't finalized and submitted my comments yet. )

I even prepared and delivered a talk at the CIDM Best Practices conference in September 2014.  (Based on my reading of Switch: how to change when change is hard, and the work that I and my colleagues did to implement some of the lessons of the book for a documentation project.)

And I haven't stopped reading.  

There conclude the successes.  So, back to the blogging, at least intermittently.  And welcome to my first blog entry of 2015.  Stay tuned for my first online book review since 2013.  


No comments:

Post a Comment