Sunday 25 March 2012

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stig Larsson

Started: March 17, 2012
Finished: March 23, 2012
Pages: 602

I was looking for some fiction, so I stopped by the library and found this.  I've read Dragon Tattoo and Played with Fire, but waited a long time to read this final novel because the publisher refused to put out the paperback version.  Well, fooled them.  I can't remember how I read the first one, I bought the second,  and would have bought the 3rd in paperback....but instead waited until it was easily available at the library.  That's how I read most mysteries:  they're consumables, and as such as not worth purchasing.  Sara Paretsky is almost the only author I regularly buy, and that's mostly because I like her books and political attitude and want to support her.

At any rate, on to the book itself. I won't call it predictable, but it is very similar to the first two.  Blomqvist brilliantly pursues a story while Lisbeth proves herself super-heroic.  Corruption is uncovered, evil-doers are punished.  Gripping writing makes it hard to put down.  The end.

It's too bad Larsson didn't get a chance to write more....but only because I'm curious as to what Lisbeth would have chosen to do with her $2.3 billion after she finished slaying dragons.

1 comment:

  1. I read these books a couple of years ago and I can't say that I would have kept reading them - masses of "pop fiction" in my opinion. Give me literature any day!

    ReplyDelete